Three car accident shuts down I-40
WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- A three-car accident shut down Interstate 40 for more than an hour overnight.
The accident happened around midnight Wednesday in the westbound lanes of I-40 near US 70.
Witnesses said a SUV ran off the road, slammed into a guardrail and ended up in the middle of the interstate with no lights on.
A Sheetz van apparently was unable to stop slammed into the SUV. A third car was also unable to avoid the accident and collided with the wreckage.
At least one person was taken to the hospital.
Authorities have not released any other details about the accident at this time.
wake county, i40, accident, local/state
- Gov. McCrory declares state of emergency
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony 51 min ago
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county 42 min ago
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum 38 min ago
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Amber Alert issued for missing 11-year-old girl
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Possible CO poisoning at Carrboro post office
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help