Barricade situation ends in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Despite tear gas being fired into a home and pleas from negotiators, police said a Durham man refused to come out of his house leading to a standoff.
The standoff on Barnsdale Court lasted several hours Tuesday afternoon.
The front door was eventually knocked down and the man brought out in handcuffs.
Police say they were originally called to the house after a security guard said he was threatened.
Some people had to evacuate their homes during the standoff and others were forced to stay inside for safety reasons.
The man was not arrested and police have not filed charged against him. He was taken to a local facility for evaluation.
durham county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds 45 min ago
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
45 min ago
- Residents concerned about coal ash in Kerr...
54 min ago