Suspects charged in road rage shooting
NEWPORT, N.C. (WTVD) -- WCTI-TV reports that deputies have charged a Lenoir County couple for allegedly firing shots after a road rage brawl in Newport was caught on video.
Investigators say it started around 1 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 70 in the James City area of Craven County when the driver of a SUV apparently felt like the driver of the pickup truck tried to run him off the road.
Authorities said 40-year-old Bradley Turner and 30-year-old Christy Turner both of La Grange, turned themselves in Monday afternoon.
Bradley was charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. Christy was charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun.
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help