Man escapes Wake County fire
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Wake County man was able to escape Monday evening when his home went up in flames.
Firefighters responded to the fire in the 6800 block of Vernie Drive, near N.C. Highway 42, just before 8:30 p.m.
When they arrived on scene they reported heavy smoke and flames coming out of windows and roof.
Officials said one man was home at the time, but he was able to get out safely.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused the fire.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 57 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 42 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Durham hosts bowling tournament for Special...
43 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help