Man escapes Wake County fire
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Wake County man was able to escape Monday evening when his home went up in flames.
Firefighters responded to the fire in the 6800 block of Vernie Drive, near N.C. Highway 42, just before 8:30 p.m.
When they arrived on scene they reported heavy smoke and flames coming out of windows and roof.
Officials said one man was home at the time, but he was able to get out safely.
Investigators are still trying to figure out what caused the fire.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Three arrested in murder of north Raleigh mom
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Okla. storms hit close to home for some
- Doctors struggle to save boy's hands
- Arias speaks out about case in jailhouse interview
- Coach K returning to US men's team
- Garcia makes fried chicken remark about Tiger
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16? 58 min ago
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire