General Assembly officer arrested on sex charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A General Assembly police officer is off the force after being arrested on child sex charges.
Wake County Sheriff's investigators arrested Daniel Evans Friday at the Legislative Office Building.
Arrest warrants show Evans is charged with first-degree rape, statutory rape, and indecent liberties involving two children.
The warrants show the alleged incidents happened between 2002 and 2008.
Evans resigned from his position Monday.
His bail has been set at $1 million.
sex offense, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help