General Assembly officer arrested on sex charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A General Assembly police officer is off the force after being arrested on child sex charges.
Wake County Sheriff's investigators arrested Daniel Evans Friday at the Legislative Office Building.
Arrest warrants show Evans is charged with first-degree rape, statutory rape, and indecent liberties involving two children.
The warrants show the alleged incidents happened between 2002 and 2008.
Evans resigned from his position Monday.
His bail has been set at $1 million.
sex offense, local/state
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- Part of US 64 added to Interstate Highway System
- Lawmaker charged in state tax case out of jail
- Judge: No quick trial on NC voting law changes
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school...
- Are more Dorito-flavored foods on the way?
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help