General Assembly officer arrested on sex charges
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A General Assembly police officer is off the force after being arrested on child sex charges.
Wake County Sheriff's investigators arrested Daniel Evans Friday at the Legislative Office Building.
Arrest warrants show Evans is charged with first-degree rape, statutory rape, and indecent liberties involving two children.
The warrants show the alleged incidents happened between 2002 and 2008.
Evans resigned from his position Monday.
His bail has been set at $1 million.
sex offense, local/state
- Burglars nab Raleigh gun store again 6 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Cumberland County church seeks new home
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 31 min ago
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville