Crash kills two in Harnett County
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed and two others were rushed to the hospital after a violent crash in Harnett County Monday afternoon.
Authorities said it happened in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 421 around 4:30 p.m.
The accident involved a construction truck and a car.
According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the driver of the truck - 43-year-old Paul Thurman Ennis - crossed the center line and hit the car head on.
The two occupants of the car - 26-year-old JoAnna Christina Council, of Lillington, and 38-year-old Christian Lee Womack, of Raleigh - were both killed.
Ennis' passenger - 30-year-old Jonathan Dearl Mason, of Dunn - was treated and released from the hospital. Ennis remained hospitalized at WakeMed Tuesday.
Troopers said the investigation continues and charges are pending.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help