Crash kills two in Harnett County
BUIES CREEK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two people were killed and two others were rushed to the hospital after a violent crash in Harnett County Monday afternoon.
Authorities said it happened in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 421 around 4:30 p.m.
The accident involved a construction truck and a car.
According to the North Carolina Highway Patrol, the driver of the truck - 43-year-old Paul Thurman Ennis - crossed the center line and hit the car head on.
The two occupants of the car - 26-year-old JoAnna Christina Council, of Lillington, and 38-year-old Christian Lee Womack, of Raleigh - were both killed.
Ennis' passenger - 30-year-old Jonathan Dearl Mason, of Dunn - was treated and released from the hospital. Ennis remained hospitalized at WakeMed Tuesday.
Troopers said the investigation continues and charges are pending.
harnett county, accident, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles