Man robbed at Durham bank
DURHAM (WTVD) -- For the second time in a week, someone robbed a man in a bank parking lot in Durham.
Monday's robbery happened at the SunTrust bank off N.C. Highway 54.
The man was knocked to the ground and his money bag snatched.
The incident is similar to one that happened last Tuesday at a SunTrust branch on North Roxboro Road.
Police aren't saying yet whether the two incidents are related.
The suspects in both cases are still on the run despite a massive manhunt along Avondale Drive and the 2000 block of North Roxboro Road Monday.
That is where the two suspects in Monday's incident abandoned their getaway car and fled on foot.
Police rushed into a few businesses in the area, including a McDonald's restaurant.
With the help of a K-9 unit, they picked up a trail nearby, but still have yet to locate the two people they believe robbed the bank customer.
The other similarity with last Tuesday's robbery is the getaway car. The suspects in that case also dumped their vehicle moments after stealing money from a man.
Anyone with information is urged to call police.
durham county, robbery, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Abaroa defense asks case be dismissed 11 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI 14 min ago
- Westbound I-40 shut down at I-440 interchange
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- Soldiers kick off All American Week 16 min ago
- Criminal trial set to begin for Ex-NC Rep. LaRoque 36 min ago
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Weather to blame for morning accidents
5 min ago
- Abaroa defense asks case be dismissed
10 min ago
- Cooper wants to keep control of SBI
2 min ago