Design firm to create Raleigh police memorial
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Raleigh Police Memorial Foundation said Monday it has awarded a contract to a Raleigh firm to design and construct a memorial honoring fallen Raleigh Police Department officers.
The foundation has been collecting funds for the memorial that is expected to cost about $500,000.
When completed, the memorial will stand at the entrance to the Avery C. Upchurch Government Complex at 222 W. Hargett St. The memorial is scheduled to be completed by May 2014.
wake county, raleigh police, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches