Search still underway for missing woman
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are still searching for a woman who has been missing for 10 days.
Cumberland County Sheriff's detectives said Michelle Lynne Powell was last seen on March 8, at a home on Bangle Street off Cumberland Road in Fayetteville.
» Click here for a map of the area. «
Authorities said the 31 year old recently had a stroke and developed paralysis on the left side of her body. As a result, she has an unusual way of walking.
Powell is described as a white woman standing 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing about 145 pounds. She has brown hair, hazel eyes and tattoos on the lower part of her legs.
She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, pink jogging pants, white tennis shoes and a black coat.
Powell's mother, Paula Turner, her family and the sheriff's department have combed the area for more than a week. The family is crying out for help.
"She'd call. She'd call me or somebody in the family," said Turner. "This is the tenth day. She would have called somebody."
Anyone with information about Powell is asked to call the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office at (910) 323-1500.
Powell is the mother of two girls, who stay with other family members.
cumberland county, local/state, nicole carr
- Temps to plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Durham girl's wish comes true
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Woman unknowingly tweets husband's fatal car crash
- Woman struck, killed by car in Harnett County
- Son: Graham's health declining
- Wake Forest bank robbery suspect caught
- Motorcyclist killed in Durham County crash
- No. 20 Duke relishes worst-to-first ride
- Xerox calls police before layoffs
- High School Football Scores - Playoffs Week 4
- Hurricanes surge past Sharks
- Raleigh Winterfest 2013-2014
- Icy storm slams Southwest, shuts down North Texas
- Some travel delays at RDU due to storms
41 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help