Hoke County party ends in triple shooting
HOKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- What started as a party at a Hoke County home ended in a triple shooting early Sunday morning.
Authorities were called to a home at Lisenby Mobile Home Park outside Raeford around 12:30 a.m. for loud music.
Just 13 minutes later, officials received a call of a shooting at the same location.
When Deputies responded they found two men on the ground that had both been shot. The men were later identified as Farrow Cobb and Byron Singletary.
There was also an innocent bystander who was shot who had been attending the party.
Police said the two men got into a fight. During the fight, Cobb pulled out a gun and shot Singletary in the lower abdomen. Singletary struggled for the gun after being shot and managed to get it away from Cobb. Singletary then shot Cobb two times in his hip and upper thigh.
All of the shooting victims were transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center for treatment.
Singletary required surgery for non-life threatening injuries. Cobb is still under medical evaluation and treatment as well and may require surgery.
Officials said the bystander, Te'Ondria Campbell, is likely going to be released Sunday.
Cobb will charged once he is released from the hospital.
hoke county, shooting, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...