Raleigh woman fed up over medical bill runaround
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Melissa Christopher has several collection notices, all for the same medical bill that dates back to May when her son was hospitalized.
"Once he was discharged, never heard another word, never got another bill, I thought we were good," Melissa said.
But two months later she got a bill for more than $900. She said she sent in her insurance information to the company right away.
"Never heard another word until two months later and then I got an overdue statement," Melissa said.
Melissa said she called and sent in her insurance information again. She thought the bill was taken care of until the collection calls started.
"I gave them all the information I had. It should be paid in full because I have two insurances, there should be nothing left," Melissa said.
Still, the bill was left unpaid and she received a letter from an attorney with the bill now more than $1,000.
Fed up, Melissa got in touch with me and I reached out to Hospital Physician Partners.
"As soon as you got involved, I think it was the very next day, I got a call from the office," Melissa said. "Why couldn't I have gotten it done that fast?"
Melissa said on that call she was assured the bills were taken care of, all covered by insurance.
"Now I have peace of mind, and I don't have to worry about no more calls or mail," she said.
No one from Hospital Physician Partners ever got back to me with a comment.
wake county, local/state, diane wilson
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help