UNC student found dead
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A UNC junior was found dead at an off-campus location Friday night, according to Chapel Hill police.
A roommate found Stedman Gage unresponsive and called 911.
The Daily Tar Heel reports Gage was a member of the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity and the son of former UNC-system Board of Governors Chairwoman Hannah Gage.
Gage's body has been sent to the Medical Examiner's office to determine the cause of death. Investigators do not suspect foul play was involved.
A memorial service for Gage is planned for Tuesday in Wilmington.
orange county, unc, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help