One killed in I-40 crash
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a fatal accident that happened early Sunday on Interstate 40 eastbound near the N.C. Highway 54 exit (Exit 273).
Police said the accident happened around 3:40 a.m. when an eastbound Honda Civic driven by 31-year-old Raul Herrera, of High Point, swerved into the back of an eastbound Nissan Maxima. The impact caused both vehicles to go off the road and overturn.The driver of the Maxima, Brian Kiley, was pronounced dead at the scene. Herrera was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries that do not appear to be life-threatening. Investigators have charged him with DWI. The investigation is still continuing. There were no passengers in either vehicle. Interstate 40 eastbound was shut down from 5:15 a.m. until approximately 9:30 a.m. while officers investigated the accident.
Anyone with information about the crash is urged to call CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, accident, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade