Teen killed in Johnston County wreck
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that happened on the 2200 block of Josephine Road.
Troopers said three teens were inside a Ford Ranger pick-up truck when the truck's driver, 17-year-old Bryan Gilmore, lost control of the vehicle and ran off the road early Saturday.
The truck overturned several times, ejecting 18-year-old William Tippett, who died at the scene.
Troopers said Gilmore faces DWI and reckless driving charges.
He and the third passenger are recovering at a local hospital at last report.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help