Teen killed in Johnston County wreck
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal accident that happened on the 2200 block of Josephine Road.
Troopers said three teens were inside a Ford Ranger pick-up truck when the truck's driver, 17-year-old Bryan Gilmore, lost control of the vehicle and ran off the road early Saturday.
The truck overturned several times, ejecting 18-year-old William Tippett, who died at the scene.
Troopers said Gilmore faces DWI and reckless driving charges.
He and the third passenger are recovering at a local hospital at last report.
johnston county, accident, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles