Hope Mills man facing sex charges
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Friday it has charged a 77-year-old Hope Mills man with sex crimes involving a 5-year-old girl.
Detectives said the alleged molestation by Donald Burton Yerry took place between January and March of 2010.
Yerry was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $1 million bond.
cumberland county, sex offense, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary