Hope Mills man facing sex charges
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Friday it has charged a 77-year-old Hope Mills man with sex crimes involving a 5-year-old girl.
Detectives said the alleged molestation by Donald Burton Yerry took place between January and March of 2010.
Yerry was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $1 million bond.
cumberland county, sex offense, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...