Third arrest in robbery that left teen dead
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Hoke County Sheriff's Office has made a third arrest in a robbery and shooting that left a teen suspect dead.
Ronald Ross Jr., 24, is charged with robbery with dangerous weapon, aid and abet armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, and felony breaking and entering. Bond was set at $1 million.
Sheriff Hubert Peterkin said Ross is related to one of the other suspects in the case. Amie Lynette Ross, 27, and Lewis Vega, 21, turned themselves in Monday. They face similar charges.
Investigators said the group came to the All American Mattress and Furniture store located at 9734 Aberdeen Road, just after 8:30 p.m. last Friday - as the owner was locking up for the night. They were accompanied by 16-year-old David Ryan Frame of Raeford and armed with a rifle and brass knuckles.
All three were masked, and one beat business owner Alexander Roland with brass knuckles - before he was able to take the rifle from Frame and shoot him.
Frame died at the scene. Peterkin said Roland was simply defending himself and he will face no charges.
hoke county, shooting, local/state
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- Lockdown lifted at Wingate University
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Group tasked with keeping kids safe at school
- State prison guard attacked by inmate
- Johnston County teen faces 'sexting' charges
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help