Third arrest in robbery that left teen dead
ABERDEEN, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Hoke County Sheriff's Office has made a third arrest in a robbery and shooting that left a teen suspect dead.
Ronald Ross Jr., 24, is charged with robbery with dangerous weapon, aid and abet armed robbery, conspiracy to commit armed robbery, and felony breaking and entering. Bond was set at $1 million.
Sheriff Hubert Peterkin said Ross is related to one of the other suspects in the case. Amie Lynette Ross, 27, and Lewis Vega, 21, turned themselves in Monday. They face similar charges.
Investigators said the group came to the All American Mattress and Furniture store located at 9734 Aberdeen Road, just after 8:30 p.m. last Friday - as the owner was locking up for the night. They were accompanied by 16-year-old David Ryan Frame of Raeford and armed with a rifle and brass knuckles.
All three were masked, and one beat business owner Alexander Roland with brass knuckles - before he was able to take the rifle from Frame and shoot him.
Frame died at the scene. Peterkin said Roland was simply defending himself and he will face no charges.
hoke county, shooting, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip 23 min ago
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in' 43 min ago
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards 12 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank