Suspect arrested, 2nd suspect sought in hotel robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Two men are facing charges in connection with a robbery at an extended stay hotel near downtown Fayetteville this week.
Police said on Wednesday, a man entered the Value Place hotel on West Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:15 a.m. and demanded money before fleeing the scene.
On Thursday, authorities released surveillance video of one of the suspects during the crime in an effort to identify him.
Officials in Moore County were able to identify the suspect in the video as 24-year-old Jordan D. Kirk of Jackson Springs N.C. and arrested him.
Detectives also identified 23-year-old Darrell Jeffries II of Southern Pines as another suspect involved in the robbery and issued warrants for his arrest.
Both Kirk and Jeffries have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy.
Kirk is being held in the Moore County Detention Center on a $75,000 secured bond.
Meanwhile, authorities are still searching for Jeffries.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Det. Hertrich with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 1 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- Wake sounds alarm on teacher shortage
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 1 min ago