Suspect arrested, 2nd suspect sought in hotel robbery
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Two men are facing charges in connection with a robbery at an extended stay hotel near downtown Fayetteville this week.
Police said on Wednesday, a man entered the Value Place hotel on West Rowan Street near Bragg Boulevard around 8:15 a.m. and demanded money before fleeing the scene.
On Thursday, authorities released surveillance video of one of the suspects during the crime in an effort to identify him.
Officials in Moore County were able to identify the suspect in the video as 24-year-old Jordan D. Kirk of Jackson Springs N.C. and arrested him.
Detectives also identified 23-year-old Darrell Jeffries II of Southern Pines as another suspect involved in the robbery and issued warrants for his arrest.
Both Kirk and Jeffries have been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy.
Kirk is being held in the Moore County Detention Center on a $75,000 secured bond.
Meanwhile, authorities are still searching for Jeffries.
Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Det. Hertrich with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
cumberland county, robbery, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 15 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay 19 min ago
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing