ConAgra plant demolished
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County plant that used to produce Slim Jims has been leveled.
Only a few pieces of debris remain at the site now.
The plant closed in 2011 just a few years after an explosion at the plant killed four people.
Garner town officials recycled materials from the plant. They are still trying to determine how to redevelop the land.
wake county, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help