Woman enters plea in 2006 murder of husband
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A woman who's been held in a state mental hospital for years entered a guilty plea Thursday in the 2006 murder of her husband.
Camellia Brown had been found mentally incompetent and was ordered held for further evaluation and treatment.
Brown and her husband, Thierry, 42, were divorced. He had custody of their 6 and 8-year-old children.
Prosecutors say Brown asked to meet as a family at Pullen Park in March of 2006. After eating pizza, she pulled a gun and fired.
She is identified as the woman who then called 911. In the background, you can hear the caller say, "I killed you. I killed you." She then told the children to pray.
Court records show the couple had a tumultuous relationship. Camellia had violated protective orders after losing custody of the children.
Brown was sentenced to a minimum of 16 years. She has already been behind bars for 7 years, which means she could get out of prison in 9 years.
wake county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday 19 min ago
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 4 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Person County under ice storm warning until...
38 min ago
- Durham hosts bowling tournament for Special...
5 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help