Second arrest in double murder
WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday it has made a second arrest in a quadruple shooting that left two dead.
Deputies have charged 29-year-old Kevin Raiford with two counts of murder. He was in the Wayne County jail without bond.
Investigators say Raiford and Jujuan Maquis Cox were responsible for the December 2 shootings at 1172 B Old Mount Olive Hwy. Cox is also charged with murder.
When deputies arrived at the home, they found Anthony Jamal Kornegay and Nakiea Felicia Garner dead. A third person, Tre Stokes, was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the thigh.
A fourth victim, Leonard Darden, fled the scene and was located in the 1700 block of Old Mount Olive Hwy. He was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath 57 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial