Second arrest in double murder
WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday it has made a second arrest in a quadruple shooting that left two dead.
Deputies have charged 29-year-old Kevin Raiford with two counts of murder. He was in the Wayne County jail without bond.
Investigators say Raiford and Jujuan Maquis Cox were responsible for the December 2 shootings at 1172 B Old Mount Olive Hwy. Cox is also charged with murder.
When deputies arrived at the home, they found Anthony Jamal Kornegay and Nakiea Felicia Garner dead. A third person, Tre Stokes, was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the thigh.
A fourth victim, Leonard Darden, fled the scene and was located in the 1700 block of Old Mount Olive Hwy. He was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- Judge rules against teacher tenure state law
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Man killed by tractor in Johnston County
- Teen bicyclist hit by car in Johnston County
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced
- I-Team: Family says deputy hit child on bike
- Fort Bragg sex assault reporting increases as center opens
- Wake teacher pay raise could require tax increase
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
- NYPD's Twitter request for photos backfires