Second arrest in double murder
WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday it has made a second arrest in a quadruple shooting that left two dead.
Deputies have charged 29-year-old Kevin Raiford with two counts of murder. He was in the Wayne County jail without bond.
Investigators say Raiford and Jujuan Maquis Cox were responsible for the December 2 shootings at 1172 B Old Mount Olive Hwy. Cox is also charged with murder.
When deputies arrived at the home, they found Anthony Jamal Kornegay and Nakiea Felicia Garner dead. A third person, Tre Stokes, was taken to the hospital with a gunshot wound to the thigh.
A fourth victim, Leonard Darden, fled the scene and was located in the 1700 block of Old Mount Olive Hwy. He was treated for a gunshot wound to the arm.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Rabies alert in Wake County
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Brees sharp, Saints beat Panthers 31-13
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help