Child dies following Moore County accident
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A crash in Moore County Thursday has left one child dead and another in intensive care.
Authorities said 2-year-old Julius Johnson was killed and 4-year-old Robert Johnson was last listed in critical condition at UNC Hospital.
The accident along Star Ridge Road in Carthage sent a total of five people to the hospital.
Three others were treated and released from a Moore County hospital.
The State Highway Patrol told ABC11 that 19-year-old Sedrick Belk was speeding down the road when he lost control of his SUV, and struck an embankment which caused the vehicle to flip.
Troopers said two of the children were ejected from the vehicle.
Criminal charges are pending against Belk.
moore county, accident, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash