Authorities: Man wearing armor claims suspect shot him
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Fayetteville man is facing charges after he told 911 operators someone allegedly shot at him.
Authorities said on Wednesday, 21-year old Jon Michael Mauldwin called 911 and claimed to have been involved in a shooting outside his Shadyside Lane home.
He allegedly said someone shot at him while he was wearing body armor, so he returned fire and hit the other person.
When authorities arrived at Mauldwin's house, they were unable to find any shell casings where the alleged shooting happened.
An investigation later determined that the round that hit Mauldwin's bullet proof vest was fired by his own .380 handgun.
Cumberland County Sheriff's Detectives charged Mauldwin with filing a false report with law enforcement officers and misuse of the 911 communication system. He has since been released on bond.
cumberland county, local/state
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help