Permit granted for Zebulon solar farm
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County Board of Adjustment has granted a man's request to build a solar farm on his 15-acre property in Zebulon.
Opponents of the project attended a hearing Tuesday at the Wake County Courthouse. Many said the plan proposed by Chad Ray on his land along Pearces Road would lower their property values.
"I'm not happy at all. I feel like they don't care about the people in our community. All they care about is making money," offered resident Patricia Schaffer.
But Ray told board members the farm would be an asset to the area - not a detriment.
"I am happy. I believe in what we're doing or else I wouldn't have been here to begin with," he told ABC11.
Ray hopes to start construction this spring and soon be able to provide energy.
wake county, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday 15 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
4 min ago
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act
5 min ago
- Website mocks 'Moral Monday' protests
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos