Benson KKK leader sentenced
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Ku Klux Klan leader learned his punishment Wednesday for stealing guns and plotting to kill the Johnston County sheriff.
A federal judge sentenced William Barefoot Jr. to 15 years in prison.
Barefoot was convicted last September of a scheme to sell stolen weapons.
Prosecutors also said Barefoot blamed Sheriff Steve Bizzell for the failure of a nightclub he owned.
He also blamed Bizzell for not allowing the Klan to march in Benson's annual Mule Days parade.
johnston county, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 5 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help