Benson KKK leader sentenced
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Ku Klux Klan leader learned his punishment Wednesday for stealing guns and plotting to kill the Johnston County sheriff.
A federal judge sentenced William Barefoot Jr. to 15 years in prison.
Barefoot was convicted last September of a scheme to sell stolen weapons.
Prosecutors also said Barefoot blamed Sheriff Steve Bizzell for the failure of a nightclub he owned.
He also blamed Bizzell for not allowing the Klan to march in Benson's annual Mule Days parade.
johnston county, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...