Oakwood gun stolen during another home invasion
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- According to a search warrant made public Wednesday, one of the guns used in an Oakwood home invasion was stolen a week earlier in another Raleigh home invasion.
Back in January, two suspects were armed with handguns when they entered the home of Jason Beyer in the historic Oakwood neighborhood. In the brutal home invasion, the suspects shot Beyer in the back, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.
Within minutes of the home invasion, police nabbed two suspects -- brothers Jahaad and Shabar Marshall. Within hours of the arrests, police began connecting the two to other crimes in the area.
In the warrant, detectives said as the brothers fled in their car they threw a gun out the window. Police said the gun was stolen from the home of Pat and Nickey Lovick a week earlier.
The Lovicks were the victims of a home invasion on Dec. 30. The masked intruders handcuffed the Lovicks to a bed post and stole several items, including a small caliber pistol.
As soon as the Marshall brothers were arrested, the Lovicks were convinced the brothers committed the crime at their house. They just hope it was not their gun that was used to shoot Beyer.
"If it was our gun it would, it would make me feel worse, make me feel worse for the - I don't know - worse for the people. Just, just to think that it could have been our gun that shot that man would be upsetting," Pat Lovick said.
It is unclear if the gun used to shoot Beyer is the one stolen from the Lovicks. The warrant only says the suspects with armed with multiple handguns, but does not say which one was used on Beyer.
However, it is clear that Beyer and his wife do not plan to allow the robbers to rob them of their home or spirit. A Facebook page has been set up to raise money for Beyer's rehabilitation. His posts are upbeat and inspirational as he takes the public through his journey.
The couple plans to remain in the Oakwood home.
shooting, wake county, local/state, ed crump
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged 14 min ago
- Bill preventing UNC opposite-sex housing returns 22 min ago
- 2 arrested after flight from Pakistan diverted
- Dean named provost at UNC-Chapel Hill
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 2 NC elementary schools placed on lockdown 35 min ago
- TSA finds man gun carrying gun on prosthetic leg 27 min ago
- Officers stand in for fallen comrade at graduation
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge