Pedestrian struck in Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A pedestrian is recovering at UNC hospital after being hit by a car in Chapel Hill Tuesday evening.
Police said a man was struck at Weaver Dairy Road and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. They said the man appeared to be crossing the street legally.
The driver said she didn't see the pedestrian. She originally thought she had hit a deer .
The man is expected to be okay.
The driver is being cited.
orange county, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Durham hosts Special Olympic bowlers 28 min ago
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 1 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help