Pedestrian struck in Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A pedestrian is recovering at UNC hospital after being hit by a car in Chapel Hill Tuesday evening.
Police said a man was struck at Weaver Dairy Road and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. They said the man appeared to be crossing the street legally.
The driver said she didn't see the pedestrian. She originally thought she had hit a deer .
The man is expected to be okay.
The driver is being cited.
orange county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins 25 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay 54 min ago
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Gay soccer player Robbie Rogers joins LA Galaxy
- Duke gets funds to develop diverse scientists
- US 321 to remain open during Memorial Day weekend
- NBC's Brian Williams addresses Elon Class of '13
- Ohio kidnap case hero not endorsing free burgers