Teen charged with allegedly burning 3-month-old
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A 19-year-old woman is facing charges after she allegedly burned a 3-month-old child.
Raleigh police arrested Mercedes Evette Norman on Monday after she reportedly burned her second cousin's buttocks, ankle and thigh with tap water while she was taking care of the child, according to authorities.
Further details about the incident have not been released.
Norman has been charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious personal injury. She is being held at the Wake County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond.
wake county, local/state
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Senate Republicans moving NC budget to House
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recover
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms