Barricade situation ends at Raleigh home
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police blocked streets near Oberlin Road in Raleigh Monday afternoon after they said a man tried to barricade himself inside a home.
Just after 4 p.m., officers went to the 2300 block of Grant Avenue to investigate a 911 call about a man possibly having emotional issues.
After talking with the man - who police suspected may have been armed - he was taken to the hospital for an evaluation shortly before 6:30 p.m.
Residents in the area who were told to evacuate were allowed to return home.
No one was hurt, and police said no charges will be filed.
wake county, local/state
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery 41 min ago
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid 48 min ago
- Broadwell expresses remorse for Petraeus affair 45 min ago
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- Woman needs help with damaged ring dispute 5 min ago
- Bill preventing UNC opposite-sex housing returns
- Authorities break up NC ATM theft ring, arrest 10 21 min ago
- Oak City 7 FREE Concert Series
19 min ago