Deputies: Man shoots father
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wake County deputies said a father and son were arguing and the argument escalated into gunshots.
The shooting happened Saturday morning in the 2400 block of Win Road.
Authorities said the two were arguing and the 36-year-old son shot his father, 66-year-old James Earl Bennett.
The son was taken into custody and charges are pending.
Deputies said Bennett was not seriously injured.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge