Deputies: Man shoots father
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wake County deputies said a father and son were arguing and the argument escalated into gunshots.
The shooting happened Saturday morning in the 2400 block of Win Road.
Authorities said the two were arguing and the 36-year-old son shot his father, 66-year-old James Earl Bennett.
The son was taken into custody and charges are pending.
Deputies said Bennett was not seriously injured.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Proposed penalties in NC Fair accident announced 4 min ago
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Teacher pay raise in Wake County could require tax increase 26 min ago
- Raleigh police seek 'Bearded Bandit'
- Protestors demand state leaders expand Medicaid 36 min ago
- Video: I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost? 28 min ago
- NCCU bracing for job cuts
- Interim president of St. Augustine's University named
- Man injured in Raleigh shooting
- Suspect shoots at deputy in Four Oaks
- Object washes ashore amid Malaysia plane search
- 9th suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping surrenders
- I-Team: Who pays coal ash cleanup cost?
28 min ago
- Money Saver: NC Foreclosure Prevention Fund
45 min ago