Clayton shoplifting, hit and run suspect arrested
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Clayton police have arrested a man involved in a hit and run and shoplifting from a Walmart.
Police arrested 22-year-old Skyler Tray Mazza, of Raleigh, in Cary on Friday.
Mazza is accused of stealing a television from the store on U.S. Highway 70 in Clayton then hitting a woman with a stolen truck.
Investigators said Mazza tried to leave the store at high speed in a stolen truck and hit a woman in her car in the parking lot. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries.
Perhaps because of the damage to the truck, Mazza abandoned the vehicle and ran into the nearby woods. Police later recovered the stolen television.
Mazza is charged with felony possession of a stolen vehicle and hit and run. His also faces misdemeanor larceny and resisting arrest charges. He was also served with an outstanding probation violation warrant.
Mazza is being held in the Johnston County Jail under a $135,000 secure bond.
The woman injured in the hit and run was treated for non-life threatening injuries the night of the incident.
johnston county, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation 17 min ago
- American University campus lockdown lifted 9 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 58 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 29 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 28 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help