Authorities search for suspect in Clayton
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police are looking for an alleged shoplifter who hit a woman with a stolen truck.
Clayton police, a Wake County K9 unit, and the State Highway Patrol searched throughout the evening Thursday for the suspect who allegedly stole a television from a Walmart store on U.S. Highway 70.
Investigators said the man tried to leave the store at high speed in a stolen truck and hit a woman in her car in the parking lot. The woman was hospitalized for her injuries.
Perhaps because of the damage to the truck, the suspect abandoned the vehicle and ran into the nearby woods.
The suspect is wanted for larceny and felony hit and run. According to witnesses, the white or Hispanic man was wearing jeans and a Carhartt-style jacket.
The search was called off just before 10 p.m.
Police did recover the television.
johnston county, robbery, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday 8 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
1 min ago
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act
55 min ago
- Website mocks 'Moral Monday' protests
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos