School bus involved in Sanford crash
SANFORD, N.C. (WTVD) -- Police say several people were injured Thursday morning when a car collided with a school bus near West Lee Middle School in Sanford.
It happened around 7:40 a.m. in the 3300 block of Wicker Street.
Authorities said a Lee County Schools bus from J.R. Ingram, Jr. Elementary School was rear-ended by another vehicle while making a stop.
Thirty-one students, a bus monitor and a driver were on the bus when the accident happened. Three students were taken to the hospital with minor injuries. School administrators said they have notified parents of all of the students involved in the accident.
The driver of the other vehicle, Brian Warren, who is a Southern Lee High School student, and his brother, who is a student at J.R. Ingram Elementary, were injured. Warren was airlifted to UNC Hospital, while his brother was taken to UNC Hospital by ambulance. Warren is currently in fair condition. His brother's name and condition have not been released.
Meanwhile, officials are still investigating the accident.
lee county, accident, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help