Officials: Some drivers double billed for toll road
MORRISVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- The state has revealed that hundreds of drivers using the new toll Triangle Expressway have been double billed.
The problem apparently goes back to the start of the new year.
The state says not only has the system been scanning the NC Quick Pass but also EZ Pass as well. That means drivers have been getting billed twice.
The state says about 800 people have been affected so far.
The state says drivers should remove one of the devices, check your bill, and call NC Quick Pass if you think you should get a refund.
i540, wake county, local/state
- 20 children among 51 dead in Okla. tornado 1 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex 29 min ago
- Police search for shooting suspect 18 min ago
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper
- Broyhill indicted in Hahn murder
- Contractor accused by homeowners
- Frightening moments for local family with...
57 min ago
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest...
52 min ago