Man charged with DWI in death of 5 year old
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A child was killed and his father injured when a truck hit them while they were walking on the street in Henderson Sunday afternoon.
Police said 5-year-old Jayden Chad Stokes and his father, 22-year-old Richard Stokes, were walking along the 600 block of East Montgomery Street around 1:15 p.m
Investigators determined 47-year-old Vincent Gregory was driving a 1998 GMC truck when he lost control, hit a telephone pole, collided with the father and son, and then came to rest in a tree.
All three people were transported to a hospital, where the child was later pronounced dead.
Gregory is charged with felony death by motor vehicle, driving while impaired, and driving with a revoked license.
vance county, accident, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help