Man charged with DWI in death of 5 year old
HENDERSON, N.C. (WTVD) -- A child was killed and his father injured when a truck hit them while they were walking on the street in Henderson Sunday afternoon.
Police said 5-year-old Jayden Chad Stokes and his father, 22-year-old Richard Stokes, were walking along the 600 block of East Montgomery Street around 1:15 p.m
Investigators determined 47-year-old Vincent Gregory was driving a 1998 GMC truck when he lost control, hit a telephone pole, collided with the father and son, and then came to rest in a tree.
All three people were transported to a hospital, where the child was later pronounced dead.
Gregory is charged with felony death by motor vehicle, driving while impaired, and driving with a revoked license.
vance county, accident, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help