Three shot in two Durham shootings
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police said two people were shot in the 900 block of West Trinity Avenue shortly before 3:45 p.m. Monday.
Police said two adult males were shot and taken to the hospital in private vehicles before officers arrived on scene.
Both males were being treated for serious injuries.
Police also responded to a second shooting just a few hours later.
It happened in the 1000 block of Drew Street where a 24-year-old man was shot in the head during a drive-by shooting.
The scene was just off Alston Avenue, near Juniper Street. The man was listed in critical condition.
The suspect vehicle is described as a silver or gray newer model Nissan Altima with multiple occupants.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Evans at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29336 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- Search under way for missing swimmer in Hope Mills 8 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act 26 min ago
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died 24 min ago
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Two killed, several injured in Fayetteville crash
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos