Police get new leads in murder of UNC student
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- Investigators said Thursday that their release of information in the murder in UNC student Faith Hedgepeth Tuesday has led to new tips in the case.
They declined to say what new information they had received. A 911 call that came in reporting the killing also remained sealed by court order.
The 19-year-old sophomore was found dead in her off-campus apartment September 7 by her roommate. On Tuesday, investigators said the pair had returned from a Chapel Hill nightclub very early that morning.
They also said they found DNA evidence left by a male suspect in the apartment and have worked with the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit to develop a profile of that person.
Police said they're still looking for any new information they can learn about the case. Call the Chapel Hill Police Department tip line at (919) 614-6363 or Crimestoppers at (919) 942-7515. Calls to Crimestoppers are confidential. Tips and information can also be emailed to investigators at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Reward money in the case has steadily built in the months since Hedgepeth's death. The total available for information leading to an arrest and conviction is now $39,000.
orange county, warren county, homicide, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help