Two charged in attack on homeowner, wife
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police have charged two brothers in an attack on a homeowner and his wife in Raleigh's historic Oakwood neighborhood.
It happened around 3:30 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Lane Street. Raleigh police officers were called to the scene after a neighbor said she saw a young man wearing a hoodie run behind a house.
"At that time I just thought it was someone trying to steal something," said the neighbor, who did not want to be identified. "I called the police right away and grabbed my gun. They were here probably within a minute and a half, so I'm sure someone else had already called them, and the street was filled with police cars."
She told ABC11 that she learned from other neighbors that a woman inside the home was also attacked by intruders, but managed to escape to a nearby home.
Her husband reportedly did not suffer life-threatening injuries, but was taken to a local hospital by EMS.
Shortly after the shooting, officers tried to stop a Cadillac on S. Wilmington Street near Ileagnes Road and Rush Street. The car was reportedly seen on East Lane Street by neighbors during the invasion. The Cadillac ended up crashing, and two people inside the car were taken into custody.
Monday afternoon, police charged 26-year-old Jahaad Tariem Allah Marshall with one count of first-degree burglary, two counts of first-degree kidnapping, one count of attempted murder, one count of attempted first-degree rape, and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Court records show he was sent to a South Carolina prison for burglary seven years ago.
Shabar Master Marshall, age 16, is charged with one count of first-degree burglary, two counts of first-degree kidnapping, one count of attempted murder, and one count of first-degree forcible sex offense.
Officials tell ABC11 Jahaad Tariem Allah Marshall and Shabar Master Marshall are brothers.
ABC11 is not naming the shooting victim or his wife because of the nature of the charges.
The investigation of the case remains ongoing. Anyone with information that might assist the investigation is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers website at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org.
wake county, shooting, accident, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 20 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help