Hospital restricts visitation due to flu concerns
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Flu fears have forced on local hospital to put a new visitation policy in place.
The Cape Fear Valley Medical Center is restricting children under the age of 12 from visiting the hospital.
They want to minimize the spread of the flu and other flu-like diseases.
The hospital is also limiting emergency room visitors to one per patient.
Hospital officials said they have seen an increase in flu cases with more than 300 cases in the last three weeks.
flu shots, cumberland county, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches