Dangers of medical recovery rooms
A tragedy at a Pennsylvania surgical center is bringing attention to the dangers in medical recovery rooms.
Doctors told the parents of 17-year-old Mariah Edwards that their daughter was in the clear following a routine surgery to remove her tonsils.
But the next thing they knew, their only daughter was lying in a hospital bed lifeless and brain dead.
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 24 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings 29 min ago
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 51 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham