Dangers of medical recovery rooms
A tragedy at a Pennsylvania surgical center is bringing attention to the dangers in medical recovery rooms.
Doctors told the parents of 17-year-old Mariah Edwards that their daughter was in the clear following a routine surgery to remove her tonsils.
But the next thing they knew, their only daughter was lying in a hospital bed lifeless and brain dead.
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Man charged in girlfriend's stabbing death 46 min ago
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys