Glee star Lauren Potter to visit Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- One of the faces of the hit FOX television series "Glee" will be in Raleigh later this month to support Down syndrome research.
Lauren Potter will be in town the weekend of March 9 and 10 for several events.
The actress - who has Down syndrome herself - will meet fans, sign autographs and pose for pictures at Crabtree Valley Mall on Sunday, March 10 from 12-1 pm. in the mall's Center Court.
Potter is a guest of Anna's Angels, a Cary-based, non-profit that raises funds for Down syndrome research at Duke Children's Hospital.
The group, which is celebrating its 10th anniversary, is holding its annual gala on March 9 at Prestonwood Country Club in Cary. ABC11's Steve Daniels will emcee the event.
For more information about Anna's Angels and to get tickets to the gala, visit www.annas-angels.org.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter