Clerical error blamed for mug shot mix-up
DURHAM (WTVD) -- There's an update to an ABC11 I-Team report about a fatal hit and run crash that claimed the life of a Durham mother.
The county's chief magistrate says a clerical error is to blame for a mug shot mix-up.
The family of 35-year-old Angela Gray reached out to the I-Team for help after waiting more than a year for an arrest.
Miguel Cruz Castillo, the alleged drunk driver responsible for the deadly crash, made bail moments before Gray died. He's been on the run ever since.
The I-Team discovered his mug shot was mixed up with another suspect in the court file and also the N.C. Aware database used by officers statewide.
Thanks to our story, court officials say they were able to correct the problem.
However, the search for Castillo continues.
durham county news, north carolina news, accident, iteam, abc11 investigates
- Barber, 11 others guilty in Moral Monday protests
- 'Tipsforjesus' leaving thousands in tips
- Does bathing in vitamin C water improve health?
- Family says Nelson Mandela on 'deathbed'
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting near NC college
- Fayetteville bank robber sought
- Tata blames environmentalists for bridge woes
- NC has fewer teachers and more students
- UNC upsets No. 1 Michigan State
- NC State beats Northwestern 69-48
- Float banned from Clayton Christmas parade
- Autopsy: Actor died from impact, fire in crash
- Student arrested with loaded gun at Durham high school
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help