Convicted killers reassigned at St. Augustine's University
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two convicted killers who were running a summer day camp for children at St. Augustine's University have been reassigned according to a statement from the school's president.
President Dianne Boardley Suber said the safety of the campus was her primary focus.
The woman who ran the Kiddie Kollege Summer Camp at St. Augustine's University is Doris Bullock, the former Doris Braswell. Bullock was convicted of second-degree murder in the 1981 death of her infant child.
Her assistant was Deidra Gary, formerly Deidra Lane. In 2000, Gary was convicted of killing her husband, Carolina Panthers running back Fred Lane. She pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 2003 and was released from prison in 2009.
President Suber said the women have been moved to other administrative duties that do not involve children.
"While I remain confident in their ability, I have decided to reassign both employees to their administrative roles at the University. It is paramount to maintain a positive learning environment for the children. We will continue to maintain diversity within our staff and evaluate employees on their merit," said Suber.
St. Augustine's said that Bullock has worked at the school for 12 years and Gary has been with the university for about a year.
wake county, iteam, abc11 investigates, jon camp
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- One day left to help hungry families through the holidays
- Billy Graham weaker since 95th birthday party
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Groups shun NC critics, appeal Bonner Bridge case
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help