Leaked documents show Democratic battle plan
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The ABC11 I-Team is getting a look into the Democratic battle plan to undermine Republicans in the legislature and take back Raleigh.
Documents leaked to the I-Team spell out step-by-step the "progressive play-book".
Marked "not for distribution" and circulated among liberal nonprofit groups, the document talks about "crippling" Republican leaders, creating "tension in Republican ranks," and trying to "eviscerate their leadership."
Among the strategies to do that -- use "video trackers" and "private investigators" to follow the "targets' every move."
Along with the documents, the I-Team obtained a PowerPoint presentation with suggested "Democratic talking points."
They are talking points you heard if you listened to House Minority Leader Larry Hall give the Democrats' pre-taped response to Gov. McCrory's State of the State Address on Monday evening.
"His plan lacks accountability and would allow out of state corporations to create online, for-profit virtual charter schools," said Hall.
The governor didn't talk about charter schools in the State of the State address, but it is word-for-word in the progressive Power Point.
Thursday evening, ABC11 called and e-mailed Rep. Hall for comment, and we couldn't get a response.
Hall told the Charlotte Observer that he's not sure where the language in the documents came from, and it may've been taken from his own speeches.
general assembly, abc11 investigates, jon camp
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help