2 injured in NJ meth lab fire
BURLINGTON TWP., N.J. - February 9, 2014 (WPVI) -- Burlington County officials say an early morning fire that sent two people to the hospital was caused by a methamphetamine lab.
The fire broke out in a home on Bodine Avenue in Burlington Township just before 2:00 a.m. Sunday.
Investigators say a meth lab was set up in the home.
Firefighters knocked down the fire then retreated from the home to avoid being overcome by the fumes.
A man and a woman living in the house were transported to Virtua Hospital for smoke inhalation.
Several county hazardous material units were called out to the scene to decontaminate at least a half dozen firefighters outside of the home.
The incident remains under investigation.
new jersey news, burlington county news, fire, drugs, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 23 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 13 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
23 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
13 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos