Crimefighters: Who killed Alex Davis?
COATESVILLE, Pa. - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester County family is hoping a reward will help police find the person who killed a young father.
"He's a happy, go lucky person with a big heart, he had an infectious smile that will be greatly missed," said Sherry Davis, mother.
Davis says she can't believe it's been 17 months since her son, Alex Davis, was killed.
"I just miss him so much," she said.
On July 2, 2012, 29-year-old Alex was in his car at 6th and Belmont streets in Coatesville, Chester County.
"He was shot and killed in his car and it took place about 11:40 at night," said Michael Noone, First Assistant District Attorney.
"I don't know what's wrong with the world today, I feel the person should be held accountable," said Davis.
Authorities are still looking for leads in the case.
"Someone in that neighborhood saw something and now is the time for them to come forward," said Noone.
Alex's sister has a message for the person who killed her brother.
"I actually want to say that I forgive you and just come forward. I don't want my family to keep hurting like this," said Jataja Davis.
Alex also leaves behind a 5-year-old daughter.
"She just said the other day that she missed her daddy. She said I'm sad but my daddy's looking over me," said Davis.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $5,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477).
pennsylvania news, chester county news, coatesville news, shooting, homicide, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 46 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases