Crimefighters: Who killed Alex Davis?
COATESVILLE, Pa. - December 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester County family is hoping a reward will help police find the person who killed a young father.
"He's a happy, go lucky person with a big heart, he had an infectious smile that will be greatly missed," said Sherry Davis, mother.
Davis says she can't believe it's been 17 months since her son, Alex Davis, was killed.
"I just miss him so much," she said.
On July 2, 2012, 29-year-old Alex was in his car at 6th and Belmont streets in Coatesville, Chester County.
"He was shot and killed in his car and it took place about 11:40 at night," said Michael Noone, First Assistant District Attorney.
"I don't know what's wrong with the world today, I feel the person should be held accountable," said Davis.
Authorities are still looking for leads in the case.
"Someone in that neighborhood saw something and now is the time for them to come forward," said Noone.
Alex's sister has a message for the person who killed her brother.
"I actually want to say that I forgive you and just come forward. I don't want my family to keep hurting like this," said Jataja Davis.
Alex also leaves behind a 5-year-old daughter.
"She just said the other day that she missed her daddy. She said I'm sad but my daddy's looking over me," said Davis.
The Citizens Crime Commission is administering a $5,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
All you have to do is call 215-546-TIPS (8477).
pennsylvania news, chester county news, coatesville news, shooting, homicide, crimefighters, local/state, rick williams
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 8 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 37 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed 37 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply