Coast Guard rescues 4 in Cape May
CAPE MAY, N.J. - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were rescued from a disabled sailboat about one mile offshore from Cape May.
The New Jersey Coast Guard say they made the rescue Saturday after noticing the boat was not moving and was pointed out to sea which was unusual in the given conditions.
The rescuers towed the sailboat and its passengers into the Cape May Inlet, where they were passed on to a commercial tow boat.
No injuries were reported.
new jersey news, cape may county news, rescue, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests