Coast Guard rescues 4 in Cape May
CAPE MAY, N.J. - October 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Four people were rescued from a disabled sailboat about one mile offshore from Cape May.
The New Jersey Coast Guard say they made the rescue Saturday after noticing the boat was not moving and was pointed out to sea which was unusual in the given conditions.
The rescuers towed the sailboat and its passengers into the Cape May Inlet, where they were passed on to a commercial tow boat.
No injuries were reported.
new jersey news, cape may county news, rescue, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 32 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber