Turkey Hill recalls ice cream due to possible metal shavings
CONESTOGA, Pa. - October 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- Turkey Hill Dairy is recalling certain packages of ice cream due to the possibility that they may contain metal shavings.
Specific Product identification:
Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Premium Ice Cream
Size 1 Pint (473 ml)
UPC Code: 0-20735-42005-8
Sell By Date: 10/04/2014 42-092
Turkey Hill Fudge Ripple Premium Ice Cream
Size 1.5 quart (48 Ounce)
UPC Code: 0-20735-11011-9
Sell By Date: 09/30/2014 42-092
Turkey Hill Moose Tracks Stuff'd Frozen Dairy Dessert
Size: 1 Pint (473 ml)
UPC Code: 0-20735-42025-6
Sell By Date: 09/27/2014 42-092
Turkey Hill says there have been no reports of any foreign objects being found or any injury/illness occurring.
The recalled items are limited to packages sold at selected Turkey Hill Minit Markets in Pennsylvania, selected Wal-Marts in Pennsylvania and West Virginia, and other small grocers and convenience stores in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
All affected stores are directly delivered to and serviced by Turkey Hill Dairy and have been instructed to remove the product from their shelves.
All affected containers would have been purchased by consumers after October 1, 2013.
Consumers who have purchased affected packages of the products listed with the code cited above can return them to the place of purchase for a full refund or contact Turkey Hill Dairy at 1-800-MY-DAIRY (1-800-693-2479). Consumers may also use the Turkey Hill Contact Form on its website.
Turkey Hill Dairy is located in Conestoga, Lancaster County.
ONLINE: Turkey Hill Recall
lifestyle, consumer news
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests