Bishop Robert Mitchell dies at 93; South Side pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ for 58 years
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side pastor Bishop Robert Lee Mitchell has died.
For 58 years Bishop Mitchell was pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ near 72nd and Jeffery.
Last September a one-block stretch of Jeffery Boulevard was named in his honor.
He died Saturday at the age of 93.
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 57 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed 52 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Ind. man allegedly took assault weapon on NJ-Chicago flight
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 50 min ago
- Mom of 3 fatally shot hours after Gary hospital altercation
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014
- Unconscious man found near Metra-Union Pacific tracks in Glencoe
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash
- Russell Wilson divorce from wife Ashton Russell announced
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- ABC7 to Go
55 min ago
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
24 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square...
53 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos