Bishop Robert Mitchell dies at 93; South Side pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ for 58 years
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side pastor Bishop Robert Lee Mitchell has died.
For 58 years Bishop Mitchell was pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ near 72nd and Jeffery.
Last September a one-block stretch of Jeffery Boulevard was named in his honor.
He died Saturday at the age of 93.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Suspect charged in sexual assault of two children 30 min ago
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home 15 min ago
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced 22 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand