Bishop Robert Mitchell dies at 93; South Side pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ for 58 years
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side pastor Bishop Robert Lee Mitchell has died.
For 58 years Bishop Mitchell was pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ near 72nd and Jeffery.
Last September a one-block stretch of Jeffery Boulevard was named in his honor.
He died Saturday at the age of 93.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 4 min ago
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits