ComEd customers who refuse smart meters will be fined
February 6, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ComEd customers who refuse to allow the installation of smart meters or don't allow crews access to install them will be fined.
That's the word Thursday from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
And that fine will be a hefty one: $21.59 every month.
The meters electronically send customer information to ComEd and eliminate the need for meter readers.
The smart meters are mandated by state law.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 25 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run 28 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout