ComEd customers who refuse smart meters will be fined
February 6, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ComEd customers who refuse to allow the installation of smart meters or don't allow crews access to install them will be fined.
That's the word Thursday from the Illinois Commerce Commission.
And that fine will be a hefty one: $21.59 every month.
The meters electronically send customer information to ComEd and eliminate the need for meter readers.
The smart meters are mandated by state law.
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal 36 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Bears' 2014 schedule released
- Ebertfest 2014 underway in Champaign
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game