Mother, son running for Dixmoor mayor
March 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two candidates for mayor of south suburban Dixmoor are living together during the campaign, because they're mother and son.
Wendy Casey is a community activist. Her son Randall is technician for a cable company. Both are vying for a new job as mayor.
Randall isn't talking much about this unusual situation. But his mother says they're both very strong minded.
"It's been very contentious," Wendy Casey said. "We don't speak about the election, we do not speak about politics and it's just hi and bye."
The Caseys face not only each other in the race for mayor. There are two other candidates on the ballot for next month's election.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77