Mother, son running for Dixmoor mayor
March 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two candidates for mayor of south suburban Dixmoor are living together during the campaign, because they're mother and son.
Wendy Casey is a community activist. Her son Randall is technician for a cable company. Both are vying for a new job as mayor.
Randall isn't talking much about this unusual situation. But his mother says they're both very strong minded.
"It's been very contentious," Wendy Casey said. "We don't speak about the election, we do not speak about politics and it's just hi and bye."
The Caseys face not only each other in the race for mayor. There are two other candidates on the ballot for next month's election.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 1 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 23 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 20 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Ill. communities spurring renewable energy
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Fortune cookie turns Bronx woman into millionaire
- 7 in :77