Mother, son running for Dixmoor mayor
March 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two candidates for mayor of south suburban Dixmoor are living together during the campaign, because they're mother and son.
Wendy Casey is a community activist. Her son Randall is technician for a cable company. Both are vying for a new job as mayor.
Randall isn't talking much about this unusual situation. But his mother says they're both very strong minded.
"It's been very contentious," Wendy Casey said. "We don't speak about the election, we do not speak about politics and it's just hi and bye."
The Caseys face not only each other in the race for mayor. There are two other candidates on the ballot for next month's election.
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- South Side fire latest in suspicious string 34 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Emanuel: CPS graduation rate on-track to reach 82 percent in 2014 30 min ago
- Unconscious man found near Glencoe tracks, causes delays 16 min ago
- Wyoming explosion prompts evacuation of Opal, town of 95
- Blackhawks beat Blues in OT with Patrick Kane goal
- Man charged after car chase, Roseland bus stop crash 49 min ago
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Chicago Bears' 2014 schedule released
- AAPL shareholders to see Apple stock split
- Pine tar gets Michael Pineda booted from Yankees game
- Alexandra Hedison, Jodie Foster married after less than year
- 7 in :77
- Raw Video: Chopper 7 HD over major...
36 min ago
- Mount Rushmore Mascots in Chicago
43 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos