Mother, son running for Dixmoor mayor
March 8, 2013 (DIXMOOR, Ill.) (WLS) -- Two candidates for mayor of south suburban Dixmoor are living together during the campaign, because they're mother and son.
Wendy Casey is a community activist. Her son Randall is technician for a cable company. Both are vying for a new job as mayor.
Randall isn't talking much about this unusual situation. But his mother says they're both very strong minded.
"It's been very contentious," Wendy Casey said. "We don't speak about the election, we do not speak about politics and it's just hi and bye."
The Caseys face not only each other in the race for mayor. There are two other candidates on the ballot for next month's election.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 2 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Feds crack down on unsafe busses 6 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school 16 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges 15 min ago
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts 13 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun...
16 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
2 min ago
- Feds crack down on unsafe busses
6 min ago